Sunday, September 14, 2008

I Don't Understand

I don’t understand the conservatives' sudden love affair with Sarah Palin, recently nominated as candidate for vice president. She passes their two major litmus tests, anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage. However, she had the audacity to parade her unmarried pregnant teenage daughter on the national stage at the Republican convention. Social conservatives are opposed to premarital sex. I don’t understand how they can come to accept an obvious violation of their moral stance on this issue. I don’t blame Governor Palin for the misdeeds of her children, but I do not understand why the young lady was placed in the national spotlight. We have enough pregnant teenagers in this country without having a high profile poster child added to the mix.

1 comment:

Chloe said...

Good point and I totally love that you have a blog. I'm much more likely to read it now.